Glitter nail polish: So pretty to look at, such a b-tch to put on, amirite? All my nail polish lovers out there know this struggle. Getting that perfect application that doesn't come out gloopy, patchy, uneven, or take hours to dry can feel near impossible. And let's not even talk about the removal process.
So, with all that said and with Halloween and the holidays coming up, it was like fate that I stumbled upon this glitter nails video on YouTube. I wasn't expecting it to change my life (as so many tutorials always promise to do), but after trying it out, I'm pretty confident this sorcery will both shock and mesmerize you. Now, if you're a nail technician, you might already know this trick. But for the at-home-manicure-challenged, you're going to want to keep reading.
The secret? If you paint on glitter nail polish like you would any other color in your collection, you're doing it wrong. At least according to nail vlogger Kelli Marissa. But the good news is, if you want it to look as good and intensely glittery as it does in the bottle, she's got an epic tip for you.
Here's the breakdown from her video.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
1. A base coat.
2. Liquid latex (optional, but recommended).
3. Your favorite glitter nail polish.
4. A cosmetic sponge.
5. A top coat.
1. Apply your base coat as normal.
2. Line the skin around your nails with liquid latex so it won't get covered in polish.
3. Apply the glitter nail polish of your choice onto the edge of a makeup sponge.
4. Dab the sponge onto your nail. (FYI, this is where the real trick lies. The sponge soaks up most of the actual nail polish leaving just the glitter behind, so it goes on dense and opaque in one fell swoop.)
5. Peel off the liquid latex.
6. Apply your top coat so the glitter doesn't chip off as easily.
Mind = blown. Watch the full (completely brilliant) how-to, here:
And for more on need-to-know nail stuff, don't miss:
-What the Most Popular Nail Polish on Pinterest Looks Like on 3 Different Skin Tones
-20 Cute Nail Polish Colors and Trends You'll Want to Start Wearing Now
-How to Get Holographic Nails at Home
Original article and pictures take http://www.glamour.com/story/how-to-put-on-glitter-nail-polish-correctly?mbid=social_pinterest&crlt.pid=camp.sZv5yAyQaoD4 site