1. First, make a side part. Then on the side with the most hair, pick up four strands of hair. Let's number those strands 1, 2, 3, and 4.
2. Start the braid by crossing strand 4 over strand 3. They should now number 1, 2, 4, and 3.
3. Now weave strand 4 under strand 2, so they order 1, 4, 2, and 3.
4. Next, we'll work with strand 1. Weave strand 1 under 4. They should number 4, 1, 2, and 3.
5. Similar to what we did with strand 4, cross strand 1 over 2. It should now be 4, 2, 1, 3.
6. Now start incorporating more hair. Pick up a small piece of hair, and join it with strand 3. Do the same as before—cross it over the strand next to it and under the next strand.
7. After weaving strand 3 over and under, pick up another small piece to join with strand 4. Cross it under the next strand and over the strand next to that.
8. Continue the same way diagonally until you have incorporated all your hair and reached the side of your neck. Then secure the braid with a small elastic. To cover the elastic, wrap a small piece of hair around it and secure with a bobby pin.
Now you have a beautiful four-strand braid to wear to your next dinner or date! For more hair tutorials, visit Ulrika at Yet Another Beauty Site!
Original article and pictures take http://www.divinecaroline.com/beauty/hair/hair-tutorials/try-four-strand-braid-made-easy-ish?crlt.pid=camp.ZnZjwB3k6qIM site