- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, shelled, deveined
- Combine first 7 ingredients in 9x13-inch baking dish. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Bake until shrimp are cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve shrimp with French bread.
I very much like this recipe. It has become a stand-by at our house due to the ease and speed of preparation. I always keep a package of frozen uncooked shrimp in my freezer from trader joes. As we like the flavoring but not too much heat, I use ONLY about 1/3 of the cajun/creole seasoning. I recently ran out of the seasoning and not remembering the brand bought a different one. This one doesnt have the complexity of the other seasoning and so the dish is less delicious. That may be why some reviewers don't enjoy the dish. i suggest making sure you like the spice mixture or make your own as one reviewer recommended. Do try this easy tasty recipe.
Original article and pictures take http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spicy-Baked-Shrimp-1428 site