2. They posed with exotic animals.
3. They could pull off a wide range of emotions.
Downright depressed. :’(
“I don’t give a fuck.”
4. They didn’t have to wear a bikini to be sexy in a swimsuit.
5. The dudes wore makeup.
6. They looked adorable in glasses.
7. They were fierce.
Beverly Johnson with Grace Jones.
8. They wore giant bows.
9. They weren’t stick-thin.
10. These pants.
And this color combo!
11. They always posed like they were mid-dance.
Want this belt.
What is this I don’t even…
A young Paulina Porizkova.
12. They were artistic.
13. And they were definitely deep thinkers.
“This tree branch really speaks to me.”
14. They “loved to laugh.”
What’s so funny, Naomi?
15. They could pull off gigantic coats.
16. They dated Duran Duran.
Yasmin LeBon with Simon LeBon.
Renée Simonsen with John Taylor of Duran Duran.
17. And also some other famous rock dudes.
Ric Ocasek, Paulina Porizkova, Iman, and David Bowie.
18. They really knew how to party.
Christy Turlington, Roberta Chirko and Renée Simonsen, 1987
Renee Simonsen with Duran Duran.
Cheers to you too, Paulina.
19. They mastered the hair toss.
20. They knew how to power-dress.
Brooke Shields for Gianni Versace.
21. They had huge heads of hair.
22. They wore turbans before they were trendy.
23. Even now, they look frozen in time.
Renée Simonsen in 2010.
Yasmin LeBon in 2012. (She’s 48 now).
24. They perfected the “Can you believe it??” look.
25. They hung out with Michael Jackson.
Christie Brinkley with Michael and Billy Joel.
Beverly Johnson with Michael.
Michael with Brooke Shields. Oh, wait, I guess they dated. Weird.
26. They never had cameltoe.
Paulina Porizkova, Renée Simonsen, Carol Alt, Nancy De Weir & Joan Severance, 1983.
27. They wore hot pink blush without abandon.
28. They looked good in mom jeans.
29. They really could pull off anything.
A floral potato sack.
The most unflattering bathing suit ever.
30. They had an impeccable sense of balance.
31. They were obviously total goofballs.
Christie Brinkley with Brooke Shields.
32. They looked good in tacky leather outfits.
Christy and Cindy.
33. And head-to-toe sequins.
34. And snoods.
35. Sometimes they rocked edgy tomboy haircuts.
Yasmin LeBon and Veronica Webb.
Karen Alexander, photographed by Herb Ritts in 1989.
36. They looked cute with their pets.
Paulina and her cat.
37. They weren’t afraid of lesbian undertones.
Cool ponytail, Steph!
38. Debbie Harry was a model.
This dress is sick, btw.
39. Their asses.
40. They loved America.
Christie Brinkley and Billy Joel.
41. They had hipster bangs.
42. The first Asian supermodel came on the scene.
43. They perfected the gentle face touch.
44. They inspired Cameron Diaz’s hair from “There’s Something About Mary.”
45. They totally loved themselves.
Original article and pictures take https://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/45-reasons-why-supermodels-were-better-in-the-80s?utm_term=.huaPy7EOb&sub=1677373_444610 site